"UNDERTAKE NOTHING WITHOUT CONSULTING GOD"
-St Ignatius of Loyola
An Ignatian Awareness Examen For Discerning Parents
(Adapted from Examen by Murphy Center for Ignatian Spirituality)
1. Lord, I realize that my family is a gift from you.
Today, as a mother/father I am grateful for:
2. Lord, open my mind and heart to be more honest with myself.
Today, as a mother/father, I desire:
3. Lord, show me what has been happening to me and in me this day. Help me to see the ways I have experienced your love as a mother/father.
4. Lord, I am still learning to grow in your love.
Help me to understand what parenting choices have been
inadequate responses to your love.
5. Lord, let me look with hope toward the future. How shall I let you lead me as a mother/father to a brighter tomorrow?
ANIMA CHRISTI Soul of Christ, sanctify me Body of Christ, save me Blood of Christ, inebriate me Water from the side of Christ, wash me Passion of Christ, strengthen me O Good Jesus, hear me Within Thy wounds hide me Permit me not to be separated from thee From the wicked foe defend me At the hour of my death call me And bid me come to thee That with the Saints I may praise thee Forever and ever. Amen